Advanced Lineworker Training (Phase 2) - May 30-June 1, 2023 (beginning at 8:30 a.m.)
Phase 2 -- This course helps lineworkers troubleshoot problems throughout a utility’s distribution system. Practical exercises using actual diagrams and drawings are conducted throughout the three days. Participants learn to identify problems that could occur in a substation on a trouble call and the characteristics of electrical substation equipment that interrupt or establish electrical circuits and change the voltage, frequency and other characteristics of the substation.
---Regulator Training (included in Advanced Lineworker-Phase 2):
1. What regulators are and why we use regulators
2. Voltage drop review & calculations
3. PSC overview of 5% voltage rule
4. Sizing regulators & how regulators work
5. Bandwidth & time for out of band
6. Setting regulator controls for band and time
7. Oil testing
3d simulator for installing regulators and operating regulator using both microprocessor type controller and older mechanical controller
Please Login to register for this event or Create Account if you do not have one.